Security patches only reach current releases
Adobe ships security patches for the current 2.4 releases only. A store that stays behind keeps every published vulnerability open, with your customer and payment data behind it.
Magento 2 upgrade & performance · Lead Magento 2 developer · Adobe Commerce Expert certified
I upgrade Magento 2 stores to the current 2.4.x release and PHP version, fix every extension and custom module that breaks on the way, and tune the stack so the store is measurably faster than before. Rehearsed on staging, switched in one planned window, quoted as a fixed price after a short audit.
An outdated Magento is not a cosmetic problem. It is unpatched vulnerabilities, a PHP version your host wants to retire, extension vendors that stopped testing against your release, and a store that gets slower while the gap to the current version gets more expensive to close.
Adobe ships security patches for the current 2.4 releases only. A store that stays behind keeps every published vulnerability open, with your customer and payment data behind it.
Hosting providers retire old PHP versions, extension vendors stop supporting them, Elasticsearch gave way to OpenSearch. Each year you wait, the jump gets bigger. PHP 8 alone is noticeably faster than 7.x.
Most slow stores I see are not slow because of Magento. They are slow because of misconfigured caches, indexers running on save, cron piling up, heavy queries and third-party extensions. An upgrade is the right moment to fix that, and to measure it.
The fixed quote covers everything below. Anything outside it is named in the quote before you sign, not discovered during the project.
I check versions, extensions, custom code and server setup, measure the store, and send a written plan with a fixed price and a cutover date.
The full upgrade runs on a staging copy of your production store. Broken extensions and custom code are fixed there, and you test your daily workflows.
Caches, indexers, cron, queries and heavy extensions are tuned on staging. Before-and-after numbers go into a short report you can show your team.
The production switch happens in one planned window with a rollback ready. I watch errors, orders and performance afterwards and fix what the upgrade broke, free, for 30 days.
Starting price below. The exact figure comes after the audit, fixed, and it does not move unless you change the scope.
Fixed price
Audit, core and PHP upgrade, extensions and custom code fixed, security patches, performance tuning, measured results, rehearsed cutover and 30 days of care.
from €3,500
Plan an upgrade →How many releases you jump: one patch release is a different job from a jump from 2.3. Then the number of third-party extensions and how well they are maintained, the amount of custom code, Adobe Commerce B2B features, and whether the hosting has to change too.
Hosting fees and licences for paid extensions or Adobe Commerce. Redesigns and new features are quoted separately. If you also want to leave Luma behind, see the Hyvä migration, which combines well with an upgrade.
The latest 2.4.x release at the time of the project, with the PHP version Adobe supports for it. That is the line that receives security patches. If a critical extension is not ready for the newest release yet, the audit says so and we decide together whether to wait for the vendor or replace the extension.
Not during the project; all work happens on a staging copy. The production cutover is one planned maintenance window, usually one to two hours at a quiet time in your time zone, with a rollback plan that has already been tested on staging.
It is normal, and it is the most common starting point. A jump from 2.3 or an early 2.4 release brings extra steps: OpenSearch becomes mandatory, PHP moves to 8, MySQL to 8, and more extensions need replacing. The audit covers all of it and the quote stays fixed.
Yes, if your version still receives security patches. Performance tuning on its own starts with the same audit and the same before-and-after measurement. In most slow stores, though, outdated PHP and extensions are part of the problem, so the upgrade and the tuning usually belong together.
Send your store URL, the Magento and PHP version if you know them, and what bothers you most: security, a slow store, or a vendor that stopped supporting your release. I reply within one business day.